Thursday, October 2, 2008

What if?

An idea that was proposed is that instead of giving big business 700 billion dollars, the government should distribute that money to the American citizens. Since there are only 300 billion people in the United States (give or take), that would give all of us over a million dollars. This was obviously a tongue in cheek suggestion, but what if? What would you do if the federal government gave you a million dollars? Paying the bills is a given. Most of us desperately need help with the hole we have dug for ourselves. But after that, what would you do?
I would open the Cyber Cafe that has been a dream of mine for 20 years. And I would go back to school. A double major, Education and Nursing. I have been teaching for most of my life, I would like the degree to show for my experience. And I quite in the middle of my nursing degree. I want to be a certified nurse practitioner or a physicians assistant, which ever works at the time.
What would you do?

1 comment:

Just Joany said...

Well, after all that the government has given away frivolously, that is a question that my good hubby-buddy and I have asked ourselves many times.

Unfortunately, a million dollars is not very much, but its a whole lot more than I've got right now. I think, I would invest about half of it and then, I would buy such a great house and furniture.

Now, you've got me dreaming.

~ Yaya
Yaya's Changing World